- 2 Tickets to the 2018 MLB Home Run Derby at Nationals Park on Monday, July 16th, 2018
- 2 Tickets to the 2018 MLB All-Star Game at Nationals Park on Tuesday, July 17th, 2018
- 2 Tickets to FanFest at the MLB All-Star Game Festivities on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- 4-Nights, double occupancy, stay at the 5-Star, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
- $1200 credit-card/gift-card to book roundtrip airfare from your location to DC
- $1000 credit-card/gift-card to cover meals and other trip expenses
Terms and Conditions of Our Promotion
Guru Elite MLB All-Star Contest - Washington DC Trip for Two
BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF ENTRANT AND A LIMITATION OF ENTRANT'S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES (“OFFICIAL RULES” OR “RULES”)
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Guru Elite MLB All-Star Promotion (the “Promotion”), please follow the Entry Instructions (defined below). Entrants (defined below) must complete all required information to be eligible to enter to win a Prize (defined below). Incomplete, illegible, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the individual Entrant. All entries become the property of Guru Fantasy Reports, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) upon submission.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of forty-nine (49) states of the United States and the District of Columbia (the “U.S.”), nine (9) provinces of Canada and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the time of entry, with access to the Internet at all times during the Promotion Period (defined below) (the “Entrant”). The contest is void in Quebec, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, all U.S. and Canadian territories, all overseas military installations, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
All employees of Sponsor, and all associated agencies and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, contractors, vendors, licensees or agents, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Promotion.
All applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. You may enter this Promotion during the Promotion Period (defined below). Entry in the Promotion constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion entry period begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on June 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 15, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Promotion.
4. CONTEST ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: There are three (3) ways to enter this Promotion: through a new Purchase Entry (defined below), (b) through a previous Purchase Entry (defined below) and/or (c) through a Standard, non-purchase, Entry (defined below) (together, “Entry(ies)”).
PURCHASE ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
During the Promotion Period, you may receive up to ten (10) entries (“Purchase Entries”) for purchasing a Guru Elite MLB Seasonal Subscription Package. The number of Purchase Entries received is based on the type of subscription level purchased during the Promotion Period; please see explanation below for more details. Purchasing a Seasonal MLB Subscription package does not automatically qualify you for the Promotion; to do so, you must complete an OPT-IN form which will then be correlated back to your purchase to determine the number of received entries.
PREVIOUS PURCHASE ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
If you had already purchased a seasonal MLB package PRIOR TO the Promotion Period then you are eligible to receive up to ten (10) Purchase Entries The number of Purchase Entries received is based on the type of subscription level purchased during the Promotion Period; please see explanation below for more details. Having purchased a Seasonal MLB Subscription package does not automatically qualify you for the Promotion; to do so, you must complete an OPT-IN form which will then be correlated back to your purchase to determine the number of entries received.
ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY – STANDARD, NO-PURCHASE ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
During the Promotion Period, you may receive up to ten (10) entries (“Standard Entries”) by visiting the entry form and completing all required fields on the registration form, agree to the Official Rules, and submit. No purchase is required, but you must complete an OPT-IN form which will then be correlated back to your email address to determine the number of received entries. No Purchase Opt-In Form: https://www.fantasyguruelite.com/mlb/all-star-contest/opt-in-free
5. PROMOTION ENTRY LIMITATIONS
Having completed an “opt-in” form, the number of Entries one can receive is linked to the timing and type of Seasonal MLB purchase one made. The number of Entries each Entrant can/could receive is based on their purchase as follows:
- an MLB Seasonal Articles Only Purchase will receive five (5) entries,
- an MLB Seasonal Optimizer Only Purchase will receive five (5) entries,
- an MLB Seasonal VIP (Articles + Optimizer) Purchase will receive ten (10)
- and a no-purchase entry will receive one (1) entry.
You are limited to 10 (ten) entries during the Promotion Period, no matter which form of entry you select.
Any deliberate attempts by an Entrant to secure more Entries into the Promotion than outlined in the methods of entry in these Rules, including but not limited to an Entrant securing more Entries by using multiple email addresses, will result in such Entrant being disqualified. Entries in excess of any stated limitation, and Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, or any means that subverts the entry process, will be void. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid Entry, and reserves the right to reject any submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of Sponsor’s policies, standards, or practices. All materials and entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
6. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Promotion, except where prohibited by law, each Entrant by entering and each Winner (defined below) by accepting a Prize (defined below), grants to Sponsor and Sponsor's affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, all right, title and interest in and to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Winner’s name, e-mail, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
7. SELECTION OF PROMOTION WINNERS: Winners (the “Winners”) will be selected on or about June 16, 2018 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received (the “Draw”). In the event the Sponsor does not receive any eligible entries, the Sponsor has the right to cancel the Promotion. The Promotion will be conducted by an independent 3rd party service provider, as chosen at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. If a potential winner resides in Canada, Entrant will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) within a 2-minute time limit in order to be eligible to win prize. The question will be administered by phone within five (5) business days following the drawing. If Entrant cannot be contacted and the skill testing question administered, or if the Entrant answers the question incorrectly, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Entrant will be selected.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winners will be notified within one (1) to three (3) business days after the Draw has taken place, by e-mail, and/or at Sponsor’s discretion, via phone or postal mail using the contact information provided by the potential winner at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, the potential winner doesn’t respond to Sponsor’s notification, or does not accept the Prize (defined below) by June 26, 2018, the Prize (defined below) will be deemed forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner has not complied with the Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected. The name of the Winner will be posted on the Sponsor’s website at https://www.fantasyguruelite.com/mlb/all-star-contest/winners-list, or to receive the name of the winner by mail, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Guru Elite Seasonal MLB Marketing Draw, 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5J 1A7 within two (2) months from the Winner notification date as specified above.
(a) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Winner and a guest will receive a trip to Washington, D.C.. Prize package (the “Grand Prize”) consists of the following: (i) a four (4) night stay (single room, double occupancy, standard accommodations), room rate and tax only, at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Washington D.C., approximate retail value (“ARV”): $1275, At the time of check-in, the grand prize winner will be required to show valid proof of identification along with a valid credit card. (ii) roundtrip airfare up to $1200.00 in value for two people from anywhere in the continental U.S. to Washington, D.C. with seven (7) days booking notice, standard coach airfare, ARV: $1,200 (Winner will make his/her own flight arrangements and will be provided $1,200 in credit card gift cards to cover the cost), (iii) $1000 in spending money, and (iv) pre-purchased tickets to the MLB All-Star Festivities occurring between July 15-17, 2018, which entails access to
- 2 Tickets to the 2018 MLB Home Run Derby at Nationals Park on Monday, July 16th, 2018
- 2 Tickets to the 2018 MLB All-Star Game at Nationals Park on Tuesday, July 17th, 2018
- 2 Tickets to FanFest at the MLB All-Star Game Festivities on Sunday July 15th, 2018
The event tickets will be emailed to the Winner to the email addressed provided by the Winner to the Sponsor at the time the Grand Prize is claimed. ARV: $2250.
The trip itinerary is subject to change without notice due to road, trail, weather and other factors, as determined by the tour operator at its sole discretion. In the event the Winner is unable to go on the trip on the dates mentioned above, then the Winner will have to forfeit the entire prize and the Sponsor will have the right to select another Winner. All travelers must possess valid travel documents. The travel companion of Winner must execute a Publicity/Liability Release prior to departure.
Total ARV of Prize Package: $5,725. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form.
10. PRIZING AND APPROXIMATE VALUE OF SECONDARY PRIZES: An additional ten (10) winners (or “Secondary Winner”) will be selected for the following prizes along with their noted ARV. These Secondary Winners will be chosen ahead of the Grand Prize Winner as the Grand Prize Winner will be the final winner/draw selected. Once selected for any of the secondary prizes, you are not eligible to win the Grand Prize. Each of the following secondary prizes will be mailed to the selected Secondary Winner to the address provided by the Secondary Winner at the time of entry or via email if mutually acceptable to the Secondary Winner and the Sponsor. Winners are responsible for ensuring that the address on file is up-to-date and accurate. Prize list is as follows:
|1st||Grand Prize(details as provided in these Rules)|
|2nd||$1000 credit card giftcard|
|3rd||$500 credit card giftcard|
|4th||$250 credit card giftcard|
|5th||$150 credit card giftcard|
|6th||$100 credit card giftcard|
|7th||$100 credit card giftcard|
|8th||$100 credit card giftcard|
|9th||$100 credit card giftcard|
|10th||$100 credit card giftcard|
11. DISQUALIFICATION OF WINNER/FORFEITURE OF PRIZE: In Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Winner’s failure to respond to notification promptly after its transmission and as provided in these Rules; (2) the return of an e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential Winner’s (and Guest’s) failure to execute and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after of first attempted notification. If and as applicable; (5) a potential Winner’s failure to validly claim the Prize by June 26, 2018; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, or there is a Prize forfeiture, both as described herein, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the Prize to an alternate Winner selected at random.
A. Transmission of Information. The Sponsor, and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (all collectively the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant or not, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software including the Guru Elite mobile application; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Promotion, (b) the uploading, processing, or random selection of entries, (c) the announcement of the Winners or potential winners, or (d) the prizes or any Promotion-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prizes; and/or (7) losses or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the Internet via any of the websites referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mistranscribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries or e-mail transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems, including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, including the Guru Elite mobile application (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) a combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, or (iii) insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrant’s computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to Entrant’s personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
B. Fraud; Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Promotion and award the Prize by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise award the Prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any notice of termination, modification or suspension of Promotion will be posted on the Website.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Promotion or Draw and/or prevent others from participating in the Promotion or Draw. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE, APPLICATION OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION OR DRAW VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
12. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/WINNING: Expenses not specifically included in the Prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Subject to applicable laws Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Promotion. Subject to applicable laws, THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OUTSIDE OF MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. . No transfer, assignment or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event the advertised Prize is unavailable. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Return of any Prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of his/her submitted entry, if applicable, to Sponsor within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and Prize supplier(s) to use the Entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry), if any, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting the Prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless from any and all liability for losses, harm, damage, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Promotion, any Promotion-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the Prize.
14. INTERNET/MOBILE: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any Web site or mobile application, or via the mobile phone or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet or mobile phone portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt of affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Promotion if it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other Entrants. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
15. ENTRANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each Entrant agrees THAT THE PROMOTION ENTITIES AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR THE RECEIPT, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. By participating in the Promotion each Entrant (including the Winners) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of, related to or in connection with (i) the Promotion; (ii) receipt or redemption of a Prize; or (iii) Entrant's participation in any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Promotion or use or edemption of a Prize.
16. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by courts situated in New York, NY,; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
17. FORCE MAJEURE: Released Parties shall not be liable to the Winners or any other person for failure to supply any prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, network or computer problems, internet problems, hacking, computer viruses, unauthorized computer access, tampering, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
Current Seasonal MLB Subsciber Opt-In
To opt-in to the contest, please login to your GuruElite account. Scroll to the top of the page to login, then click the opt-in button once again to start the opt-in process.
Existing MLB Monthly Subscriber
Guru Elite is pleased to offer our existing Monthly Subscribers a Seasonal upgrade special for just $99.99.
- Login to your GuruElite account.
- Once logged in, click the "Upgrade" button in the top-right corner.
- Then select the desired Seasonal upgrade package.
- Follow the payment process.
- If you have any difficulty, please contact customer service at email@example.com